Tuesday, February 3, 2009

How much will he make?

Today I realised I would have some spare time after finishing work and so called my new first best friend, Mr Real Estate Agent, to ask him if he could possibly arrange a viewing of the house with three offers on it. I told him I could make it there by 4.45PM. At first he said "oh no, there's no way I can make it there by then, I would be killing myself to get there". I told him that was fine, no big deal, I'd just try to make it to the open house Saturday then, even though the time clashes with my daughter's guitar lessons. Suddenly he backtracked - "let me just take another look at my diary".

There was a slight pause and then he came back and said "no, I can't make it by then but I could make it at 4.15PM". That didn't suit me and I said so. I had to pick up a kid from daycare and by the time I left work and did that there would be no way I'd make it to the house by then. He has such a knack of sounding so genuinely disappointed that I almost wanted to tell him that I would kill myself to make it there in time for him. I stopped myself from doing so and instead casually said that I'd just see him at open inspection. Of course he then told me that he would be able to meet me anytime Saturday if I couldn't make it to open inspection and all I had to do was call him and he'd come running. This man is so good I almost want to make him change his plans every day just to see how willing he really is to make a sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment